When a product is certified against GECA’s Textiles & Leather standard, consumers can be sure that the product has been assessed to meet environmental, human health and social impact criteria. The standard considers impacts over the life cycle of textile products, including material sourcing, manufacture, packaging and use.
This standard is applicable to the following range of products:
• Clothing, clothing textiles and accessories consisting of at least 90% by weight of textile fibres;
• Interior textiles consisting of at least 90% by weight of textile fibres;
• Fibre, yarn and fabric (including durable non-woven fabric) intended for use in textile clothing, accessories or interior textiles;
• Cleaning products: woven or non-woven fabric products intended for the wet or dry cleaning of surfaces and drying kitchenware; and
• Hide and leather products consisting of at least 90% by weight of leather/hide.
We’re delighted to announce that Woolworths has launched its newest and most sustainably focused collectible, with Woolworths Bricks set to help Australian families use creativity and play to learn more about good environmental choices.Read More See all news
Green Star is Australia's trusted mark of quality for the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings, fitouts and communities. Choosing Green Star can help you save money, create a healthy place for people, minimise your environmental footprint and build a better future for us all.
|Sustainable Living Fabrics|
View All Case Studies