We are pleased to announce that swift progress is being made in getting more GECA standards recognised by the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
In October the GBCA announced its intention to expand an existing Assessment Framework, enabling more GECA standards to be recognised. This has now occurred.
GECA has applied to get Paints & Coatings and Cleaning Products standards approved by the GBCA.
GECA also will apply to get the current Adhesives standard and the Adhesives, Fillers and Sealants standard being developed approved by the GBCA once clarification has been given around VOC limits for general adhesives.
Once approved by the GBCA, products certified under GECA’s Cleaning Products standard will contribute to achieving credit points to projects being certified under the Green Star Performance tool.
Once approved by the GBCA, products certified under GECA’s Paints and Coatings and Adhesive standards will:
- Contribute to achieving credit points under the ‘Reduced exposure to pollutants’ credit to projects being certified under the Green Star Interior tool
- Paints, adhesives and sealants (2 points)
- Carpets (2 points)
- Engineered wood products (2 points)
- Contribute to achieving credit under the ‘Fitout Calculator’ section to projects being certified under the Green Star Interior tool
- Flooring (6 points)
- Assemblies (6 points)
- Furniture (7 points)
- Contribute to achieving credit points as part of the Indoor Environment Quality VOC credit under the Green Star Design & As-built tool
It is anticipated that these standards will be recognised by the GBCA early in 2014.
If you have products that you would like to get certified under any of these standards or if you have any questions please contact GECA.