GECA has created a lifecycle ecolabel standard to remove doubt and confusion and make identifying environmentally and socially preferable products easier.
The standard sets requirements that aim to provide a benefit by:
• demonstrating performance and safety for the Australian market
• avoiding the illegal harvest of natural materials and fibre for raw materials
• reducing the use and subsequent release of environmentally harmful substances to the environment at all stages of the product’s lifecycle
• encouraging recovery, reuse, recycling and responsible disposal of unwanted product and packaging
• reducing the presence and release of substances harmful to human health
• ensuring workers and suppliers through the supply chain can expect fair pay, equal opportunity, and a safe working environment
The scope of this standard is applicable to infant mattresses products, including but not limited to:
• Cot and crib mattresses
• Household cot mattresses
• Mattresses for Bassinets
• Other flat sleeping surfaces
The Better Buildings Partnership (BBP), of which GECA is a proud supporting member, in collaboration with Aurecon and the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA), has designed and delivered a Circular Fitout Toolkit for Offices. The toolkit combines circular fitout fundamentals with practical design guidelines.Read More See all news
Green Star is Australia's trusted mark of quality for the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings, fitouts and communities. Choosing Green Star can help you save money, create a healthy place for people, minimise your environmental footprint and build a better future for us all.
|No matches were found - please try searching our full product database.
View All Case Studies