Backing with Environmental Advantage
All of our high-performance EcoWorx carpet backings offer signiﬁcant environmental advantages:
- Designed to be safe and sustainable, EcoWorx provides ingredient transparency through Cradle to Cradle Certification™ at the Silver Level and other measures, including Health Product Declarations and Declare Registration.
- Uses 40% less energy to produce than traditional carpet tile.
- Weighs 40% less than traditional carpet tile – making it more efﬁcient to transport and easier to install.
- This product can be recycled*.
- Low VOCs – meeting the requirements for Green Label Plus certiﬁcation.
- All EcoWorx tile products are and GECA certified and achieve a Green Star ‘Level A’ product rating according to the Green Building Council of Australia.
- High performance sustainability at no additional cost.
- Environmental guarantee for free reclamation & recycling.
Guaranteed reclamation and recycling
EcoWorx products are backed with an Environmental Guarantee. It’s our way of saying, “We want it back.”
Australia & New Zealand Guarantee:
Shaw will transport and recycle EcoWorx tile or EcoWorx broadloom carpet at no cost to you. Carpet recycling EcoWorx is easy and hassle-free, making it easy for you to recycle your used carpet, saving valuable time and money on landfill fees.
Performance and Speciﬁcations
All EcoWorx products offer a lifetime commercial warranty against edge ravel, zippering, delamination, and moisture degradation to ensure product integrity throughout their entire use.
When Shaw Contract Group introduced EcoWorx tile in 1999, it set a new standard for carpet tile performance. EcoWorx tile is the strongest, most durable tile backing with five times the tensile strength, eight times the tear strength and two times the delamination strength of traditional PVC-backed tiles.
Within ﬁve years of its introduction, customers self-selected EcoWorx technology as its preferred backing of choice.
Extending this durable and sustainable backing to the broadloom market, Shaw Contract Group now offers three high-performance EcoWorx products to meet your every need: EcoWorx tile, EcoWorx broadloom and EcoWorx performance broadloom.
100% thermoplastic polyolefin compound with a high performance precoat and a reinforcing layer
- High performance precoat for maximum tuft bind
- Thermoplastic laminate for superior delamination strength
- Fiberglass reinforcement for unmatched stability
- Final thermoplastic layer for added stability
- Die-cut into carpet tiles
2644.65 g/m² (75 oz/yd²)
60.96 cm x 60.96 cm (standard) (24” x 24”); optional sizes available
Ecoworx Modular Tile Backing – Full Specification Sheet